Customisation and Integration
eEnviper offers a fully customisable platform both for the user and the administrator. Extensive customisation and localisation options mean that each installation can:
- Integrate the design seamlessly with existing websites and online services.
- Build basic to advanced custom content types.
- Support taxonomies and vocabularies.
- Integrate and customise third-party modules.
This flexibility allows eEnviPer to adapt to the specific requirements of each environmental permits process. At the moment, customisations exist for environmental permits processes in Croatia, Greece, Italy, Serbia and Turkey.
eEnviPer works closely with interested public authorities to define the necessary workflows and available information sources for future installations.
eEnviPer can be integrated with existing systems that support environment-related permit procedures or GIS layers to provide digital services for permitting authorities at different levels, enterprises, consulting services and civil society. Depending on the needs of the five pilots and the scope of the eEnviPer project, partners have so far focused on data from geographical sources.
eEnviPer supports the following Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) interoperability standards which can be used when using or providing data to other applications:
- OpenGIS® Web Map Service Interface Standard (WMS);
- OpenGIS® Web Feature Service Interface Standard (WFS);
- OpenGIS® Web Coverage Service Interface Standard (WCS); and
- Keyhole Markup Language (KML).
Thanks to eEnviPer’s Service-oriented architecture (SOA), the platform can act as a data provider to other applications that might need to consume data from eEnviPer. On this basis, eEnviPer can provide digital services for permitting authorities at different levels, enterprises, consulting services and civil society. Furthermore, SOAP Web Services and REST-ful application programming interfaces (APIs) can be easily configured and made available for almost any part of the data storage layer.